<< Back Membership - How to Register
Registering with Produced in Kent is easy!
- First complete the online registration form
- We will review your application and confirm approval of your membership.
- You should then forward a cheque for your annual subscription charge to us along with a remittance form. Details of rates can be found on the subscriptions page.
- Once payment has been received, your entry will appear in our website directory.
We have put together a short guide through the 4 steps and some Top Tips to help you. If you have any problems signing up, or do not have access on-line then please contact:
Jill Sargent, Membership Services
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 01732 853170
The 4 steps to registration
Create your username and password. These can be anything you like, as long as there are at least 6 characters long.
Keep a note of your username and password so you can update your entry regularly.
Complete the contact details you want Produced in Kent to use for mailings etc. We also ask you to include some details about your business – this will help us to tailor our services better in the future.
Only questions with a red star are compulsory.
Select your Search Criteria.
These are the categories that appear in the search engine on the search page, and will direct people to your business. Please make sure you have included all aspects of your business.
Complete your Public Profile - this is what will appear on the website.
The Quick search facility picks up the words in your description, so make sure you mention any key words that people may search for. You can add a photo and a logo now or at a later date. For help with this, see the Help with Photos and Logos page.
1. Prepare your description in advance in a Word document and proof read it carefully. (Please use capital letters etc ) You can then copy and paste it into your entry and make any final alterations.
2. Make sure you choose a username and password that you can remember, and update your entry to keep us informed of your latest products, special offers, open days, etc.
3. In the public profile section of the registration form, put in what is great about your business or product. Be specific, be informative, and cover all areas that might interest potential customers. Breeds, varieties, organic, marsh grazed, free range, traceability, handcrafted – don’t leave the customer guessing.
4. Make sure the customer knows where they can find your product - give details of outlets, ordering information etc. If you are happy to take trade orders, make that clear.
5. If you are a Retail, Wholesale and Hospitality Member, explain why you are promoting local seasonal food and using local suppliers.
6. Make sure you check your entry. Is the email link correct? Does the website link work? Are there any spelling mistakes? Consumers may be put off if information is missing or incorrect so it is important to get this right and keep it up to date.