The Hop Shop at Castle Farm will be reopening on Friday 19th June… but with a brand new format – The Castle Farm Drive Thru! If you have visited us before, you will know that our farm shop – The Hop Shop – is located in a converted farm building which is long and narrow, so in order to safely re-open and ensure social distancing measures, we have brought the farm shop outside to you! Castle Farm will be turning into a one-way, drive thru system, entered off the A225 (only) and exiting onto Redmans Lane.
What is on offer?
We will be offering a curated selection of our locally sourced farm produce, seasonal Kent-grown berries, Lavender products and beautiful gifts, decorations and luxurious Lavender bath & body products. A visual brochure and downloadable shopping list with our menu of products will be available via our website on Thursday. The handy tick box shopping list, can be printed off at home, and you can make a note of any specific products you are after for when you visit the farm.
What to expect when you arrive?
- Enjoy the view of the Lavender fields as you carefully enter our drive from the A225.
- You will be directed into our meadow paddock where you can place and pay for your order (card payment only please), then progress onto the packhouse and your order will be brought to your car by one of the Castle Farm Team.
- Once you have collected your order, drive past our picturesque water meadows and over the bridge out onto Redmans Lane.
- Sorry, but everyone needs to stay in their car – no pedestrians are permitted on site and no customer toilets are available.
- Please bear with us as it may a while for us to collate your order in the early stages as our team get used to a new socially distanced way of working.
Hopefully Castle Farm will be the prettiest drive thru you have every experienced (albeit without a cheeseburger at the end)!
June: Wednesday to Sunday 10am – 4.30pm. We will be closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
July: Additional opening hours TBC. Please check the website before your visit.
An update on our Lavender Season plans for 2020…
Our Lavender rows are still green, and are taking a little longer to flower due to a very harsh frost in mid-May. We expect to see colour from early July. We have had to re-imagine the visitor experience this Lavender Season, and will be encompassing important social distancing measures and maintain everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
We are unable to offer Lavender Tours or our Lavender Aromatherapy Massages, but we will be able to offer our popular BYO Lavender Picnic events and also pre-booked ticketed access to the Lavender fields. Numbers will be limited and all bookings must be made in advance. Stay tuned and we will bring you details when tickets, pricing and further information is released.