PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT/TECHNICAL/QC-QA OFFICER
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
Hours: Generally 9 – 5 Mon – Fri but there can be some seasonal requirements to assist outside these hours.
Place of work: Fudge Kitchen Production Site, Aylesham, Kent.
Reporting to: Production Site Manager & M.D.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Company: Fudge Kitchen is well established within the UK confectionery industry with over 35 years production and retail experience. In recent years we have invested in significant R&D at our production facility in Aylesham, to develop a range of products for new and exciting markets both within the UK and for export. Fudge Kitchen is now THE primary gourmet fudge brand in the UK, supplying prestigious accounts like Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Claridges alongside its own stores across the UK. New Product Development is at the core of what we do.
About the Role: This is a multi-skilled role. It is key to our maintaining compliance for SALSA certification by ensuring that our Quality Manual is a living document and also for the creation and maintenance of all product technical information -existing and new products – from recipe through to specifications, and the management of product samples for QC and shelf-life analysis.
The position is also key to our on-going New Product Development programs; working on new recipes, products and formats for both our own brand and some key bespoke/own label clients, from raw ingredient sourcing, batch trials, to launch.
Attention to detail is a must. As is the love of being hands-on in the kitchen and creative! You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, whilst being self-motivated and equally happy to work alone.
On-site training provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Quality Assurance & Quality Control –
• Maintain quality assurance operations by following policies and procedures in Co. Quality Manual; traceability systems, HACCP implementation and SALSA standards. Working with the Production Manager and reporting needed changes.
• Responsible for records management, specifications, product passports and their communication throughout the organisation
• Monitoring and reviewing processes affecting product safety and quality through the site
• Managing, investigating, and implementing corrective actions for non-conformances
• Managing audits by third parties & internally
• Responsible for drafting and signing-off of technical documentation – including quality standards, SOPs, raw material specifications, recipes, product specifications and packaging artwork against latest legislations and costumer specifications.
• Maintaining and reporting of on-going shelf-life testing
• Monitoring and reporting on allergens including the confirmation of our gluten-free environment & our dairy free production
• Maintaining Recipe Bank through all internal systems
New Product Development –
• Leading involvement in the new product process from concepts, through recipe formulation, trial batch production to launch, within set time frames and budgets working alongside the MD and the NPD Team
• Raw material sourcing and supplier compliances alongside our Purchasing Manager, working with suppliers & customers
• Labelling and specifications as above
• Implementation of green light products into full production – full recipe formulation, production team training, system updates, shelf-life testing
Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Should hold a food technology / science qualification with some practical previous experience on working manufacturing sites
• QC and QA management skills
• Good understanding and working knowledge of SALSA preferred
• HACCP qualification – good working knowledge. Level 2 min.
• Working knowledge in Health and Safety
• Knowledge of allergens, labelling & basic understanding of microbiology and organeolyptic testing and analysis
• Experience of risk assessments
• Understanding of sampling regimes, & shelf-life monitoring
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong numeracy
• Excellent & fluent command of English both spoken and written.
• Ability to work with others – training new staff, updating new techniques and refreshers
• Ability to interpret analytical results & communicate across departments
• Must be eligible to work in the UK
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET TO THE PREMISES OR IT IS TOO FAR TO COMMUTE.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please forward your CV to the M.D: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover note telling us a little bit more about yourself and your most recent earnings history.
PLEASE DON’T BE OFFENDED IF WE DON’T REPLY TO EVERY APPLICANT AS OUR ADVERTISED VACANCIES ARE NORMALLY HEAVILY OVER SUBSCRIBED.