Fudge Kitchen pulls out all the steps for National Fudge Day and Fathers’ Day (16th June 2019), to raise funds for their 2019 chosen charity, Body & Soul …
Armed with pedometers, Fudge Kitchen’s seven shops will compete to clock up the greatest number of steps across a weekend full of fund raising promotions … all while dressed as their favourite childhood hero, of course …
… plus £1 donations from selected product sales, including the limited edition 2019 Father’s Day Selection Boxes, including Dairy free …
This year, 16th June not only marks National Fudge Day, but Fathers’ Day too, which provides a double whammy opportunity for Fudge Kitchen to raise funds for their 2019 charity, Body & Soul.
Body and Soul is a small, community-based charity in Islington, London, run by clinicians, specialists and volunteers, that is quietly saving young lives by offering a literal lifeline to those affected by trauma, mental health disorders and suicide; and to their families.
Across the weekend of 15 – 16th June 2019, the seven Fudge Kitchen shops in Bath, Cambridge, Canterbury, Edinburgh, Oxford, Windsor and York will be decked out with balloons and hosting an array of fund raising initiatives, including …
• £1 donations … from every box of six slices of original, slab fudge sold across the two days.
• A gift that keeps giving … specially curated for 2019, limited edition Fathers’ Day Selection gift boxes of four hand made, all natural, original slab fudge slices, including Dairy-free, are available now, in-store and online at www.fudgekitchen.co.uk. Again, £1 of every purchase will be donated to Body and Soul.
Whipping Cream selection: Chocolate Rum Brownie, Peanut Butter Swirl, Butterscotch, Vintage Vanilla
Dairy free selection: Icy Vanilla Coconut, Chocolate Hazelnut, Traditional Toffee, Millionaire’s Shortbread
Weight: 175g per slice
RRP: £16 (plus P&P)
• We can be heroes – just for one day …Fudge Kitchen staff are famous for their love of dressing up, for their creative costumes and for their take-no-prisoners, inter-shop competitiveness, fuelled by the Fudge Kitchen reward point system of WOWs, which are annually redeemed for prizes including holidays and gift vouchers. Stand back then for the teams’ takes on the theme of ‘Childhood Heroes’. The winning costume will receive 89 WOWs, translating into a £20 donation for Body & Soul.
• Stepping up to the plate … with one pedometer per shop, the FK staff will be playing tag amongst themselves, even amongst customers, to build up the highest number of steps across the two days. The three top scoring shops will also bank WOWs, which will similarly translate into £50, £30 and £20 donations for Body & Soul. Prepare for some fancy fudging footwork!
• Fathers’ Days promotions, either because he’s one in a million … or nuts! … Limited edition Father Faves, Dairy Free Millionaire’s Shortbread (pic below) and Chocolate Rum Brownie slab fudge, will be available for Fathers’ Day in shops from Friday 14th June and online at www.fudgekitchen.co.uk. While Great Taste Award-winning Peanut Brittle will be sampling in stores and available online too at a Dad Discount of £5, saving £1.50. We won’t tell him!
The work of Body & Soul … Fudge Kitchen will be specifically raising money for Body & Soul’s “You Are Not Alone” programme, which supports young people who have attempted suicide and struggle with self-harm. Every penny raised will be put to work …
£500 would fund a year of therapeutic yoga classes for their members
£2,500 would give 20 young people access to 1:1 counselling and psychotherapy
£5,000 would fund the Head of Suicide Programme to provide 1:1 support to help young people to pursue their dreams and goals, whether employment or educational
To donate, please go to the Fudge Kitchen / Body & Soul Just Giving page at: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1057983