17th November 2020
1. A business cannot become a member or associate member of Produced in Kent unless it meets the relevant membership criteria set out by Produced in Kent.
2. Produced in Kent reserves the right to inspect and/or audit a member prior to approval of their application and at any time during the period of membership.
3. The member agrees to provide information, confidentially, to Produced in Kent about the performance of its business when requested for subscription fee calculation and fundraising purposes. Produced in Kent may audit a prospective member, or audit a member during the term of their membership and may require a certified copy of a prospective member or member’s accounts.
4. The member will inform Produced in Kent of any relevant memberships of quality schemes and advise them of any changes in membership of such schemes.
5. The member agrees to be bound by the Produced in Kent website Terms and Conditions.
6. By signing Produced in Kent’s membership Terms and Conditions, a member business agrees to act in the spirit of the vision, mission and values as set out in Produced in Kent’s Charter, and to strive to adopt and implement sustainable operational practices as set out in Produced in Kent’s Sustainability Pledge.
7. Produced in Kent reserves the right to refuse any application for membership if, in its
absolute discretion, it considers that the applicant does not meet the standards required of members, as set out in the Produced in Kent Charter and Sustainability Pledge or in any other document published for that purpose by Produced in Kent. The decision of Produced in Kent will be final.
8. Membership is conditional upon payment of the annual subscription fee to Produced in Kent. The annual subscription fee may be collected on a monthly or yearly basis by direct debit or BACS payment. The membership term will be 12 months, starting on the date of the first membership invoice raised by Produced in Kent.
9. Each member will be notified of the renewal of its membership two weeks prior to the renewal date. Membership renewal will take place automatically, unless Produced in Kent is otherwise informed by its member latest on the date of renewal.
10. In the event of non-payment, Produced in Kent reserve the right to terminate or suspend a membership without further notice and all benefits of membership will immediately cease or be suspended.
11. Membership will only be reinstated at the absolute discretion of Produced in Kent, upon payment in full of any outstanding payments and any other monies owed.
12. Produced in Kent reserve the right to refuse renewal or to terminate the membership of any member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the member has acted in a manner detrimental to Produced in Kent or in a manner likely to bring Produced in Kent into disrepute, failed to comply with, or maintain, the standards required of members as set out in the Produced in Kent Charter and Sustainability Pledge or in any other document published for that purpose by Produced in Kent. The decision of Produced in Kent will be final. In the event of terminating the membership on these grounds, notice of termination will be given to the member and all benefits will immediately cease, but there shall be no entitlement to a refund of any sums paid by that member.
13. If an application for membership is refused, or membership is cancelled, Produced in Kent shall have no liability whatsoever for any alleged loss which may result.
14. Produced in Kent may record and store and use information and materials members have posted, transmitted, sent or communicated on all Produced in Kent websites.
15. Information supplied via these websites will be retained by Produced in Kent on a database and will be used for furtherance of its legitimate interests, to update its records and to contact members with information about relevant initiatives, services or opportunities. Member details will be stored securely and will not be released to any other organisation. Produced in Kent is the Data Controller for member information. Members who do not wish Produced in Kent to use this information in this way should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Data will be kept for the duration of the membership and for such reasonable period thereafter as is necessary for the purposes of the operation of Produced in Kent or compliance with any of its reporting obligations or the operation of its
16. The member business will be entitled to use the PRODUCED IN KENT certification mark, provided that such use is in accordance with the attached Terms and Conditions for using the certification mark.
17. In granting membership Produced in Kent reserves the right to require any member to alter, remove or cease any form of sales production and sale of goods associated in any way with Produced in Kent that contravenes any current relevant legislation or brings, or is likely to bring Produced in Kent into disrepute.
18. All intellectual property rights on and relating to the Produced in Kent websites and in the logos, including trademarks, trade names or other signs, vest in Produced in Kent.
19. All marketing and other materials bearing the Produced in Kent name or logo must only be used in accordance with the Produced in Kent brand guidelines. On termination of membership, the licence granted to the member of Produced in Kent Ltd to use its logo, marketing information or any other material of any description (“the materials”) is immediately terminated and the materials must, at its option, either be returned to Produced in Kent or destroyed.
20. Each member is entirely responsible for the accuracy of all information included on the site concerning that member. Information provided will be available to members of the public. However, Produced in Kent reserves the right to reject, edit or remove at any time any information which it, in its absolute discretion, considers is unsuitable for any reason whatsoever.
21. When members upload or post content to our site, or otherwise provide us with information to be included on the site, that member grants us the following rights to use that content:
a) a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that member-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service;
b) a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other members, partners or advertisers to use the content in accordance with the functionality of the site to expire when the user deletes the content from the site.
22. Each member agrees that it must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. A member must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. A member must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any breach of this provision to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing the breaching member’s identity to them. In the event of such a breach, that member’s right to use our site will cease immediately.