SERVES: 16 large slices as a main course
24 small slices as a side course
Hot or Cold
180g Karimix Tomato Chutney
20g-30g Karimix Ras El Hanout Paste
400g new potatoes cubed
2 onions diced
3 cloves garlic crushed
300g carrot cubed
180g mixed beans (can) – drained
240g kidney beans (can)- drained
450g grated cheese
3 tbsp tomato puree
8 eggs whisked
60g curly parsley finely chopped
3 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Baking tray size: 368 x 267mm x 38mm
- Parboil potatoes and carrots, drain and set aside
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add oil, chopped onions and sauté for 10 mins, then add garlic. Fry for 3 mins then add tomato puree and Karimix Tomato Chutney
- Cook for about 10 mins and then add Karimix Ras El Hanout. After 5 mins, taste and add water and salt and pepper. This should taste saltier as this will be mixed into a large amount of vegetable and pulse. Set aside to cook
- Drain mixed beans and kidney beans, rinse and add to a large mixing bowl. Add thawed peas, parboiled potatoes and carrots into the bowl.
- Add grated cheese and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add whisked eggs and chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Fill a grease proof paper lined baking tray.
- Cook at 185C for 40 mins or longer, depending on the depth of tray.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with salad or vegetables.
Options: To add some heat add 1-2 tsp Karimix Harissa Paste
and more Karimix Ras El Hanout Paste. Mixed beans used can be altered to your choice. Add bacon, sausages or chicken to make this non-vegetarian.