26th April 2021
Job Title: Wellbeing Project leader
Salary: £10 per hour
Reporting to: Secretary / Trustee board
Hours: Initially 10 hours per week and reducing hours as project gets underway
Contract: Self employed status, fixed term for 6 months
Location: Communigrow Field, Ditton, East Malling, Kent, ME20 6PE but with some travel across the region for meetings and attendance of events (mileage allowance paid)
This role is subject to DBS and due diligence checks prior to appointment.
Since its creation in 2014, Communigrow has established an excellent reputation as a safe and supportive environment for education, skills and personal development activities and opportunities. Based on a large 2.4 acre site and using horticulture, we creatively offer tailored opportunities for a diversity of vulnerable and disadvantaged young people and adults. The appointment of a Wellbeing Leader will enable us to deliver activities for those over 55 and those under 55 with long term health conditions in partnership with INVOLVE Kent Community Wellbeing.
Purpose of the role
To set up and create a range of activities and opportunities that promote health and wellbeing. For example:
- Rolling programme of small groups to come to the site for a weekly 2-hour session over 4/6 weeks.
- Participate in seasonal growing activities tailored to their abilities and interests
- Have interest groups on wellbeing, wildlife, food, horticultural therapy
1. Research and refine our offer
2. Research and contact local groups and individuals
3. In conjunction with the digital team produce promotional material outlining our offer
4. Promote and advertise using a variety of media
5. Recruit and enrol participants
6. Support participants whilst on the programme
7. Support staff on field who are involved in delivering activities
8. Collect KPI data as required
9. Supported by the team prepare a Risk Assessment specific to this group and activities they will be involved
10. Check and make adjustments to ensure site offers facilities to people with limited mobility
1. A good understanding of the benefits of nature and gardening activities
2. An active interest in horticulture and its benefits for people and the environment
3. Excellent communicator with good presentation skills
4. Experience of working with older people
5. Experience of working with people with complex health conditions
6. Project management experience
7. Excellent IT skills
8. Creative, innovative and imaginative in achieving results
9. Be an excellent ambassador for Communigrow and an active networker attracting interest, support and involvement in our work.
10. Experience of community development support projects
To apply please send CV and letter of support stating motivation for application and relevant skills and experience.
To: Helen Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 30th April 2021