2 tbs vegetable oil
2 lemongrass stalks
1-2 ins ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
20g fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1kg fresh mussels
1 tbs fish sauce
3-4 tbs Karimix Coconut Lemongrass Dressing
450ml coconut milk
1. Cut the lemongrass into ½.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan, add the lemongrass, shallot, ginger and garlic.
Cook until soft as garlic starts to brown, 3-5 mins.
3. Add the chopped basil, Karimix Coconut Lemongrass Dressing, coconut milk and fish sauce. Simmer for 2 mins.
4. Add mussels and cover. Cook until mussels have opened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Garnish with more chopped basil and serve with crusty bread.
Further recipe suggestions:
Use 30g dressing and mix well with salad leaves, cooked chicken or salmon.
Use 30g dressing and mix with cooked quinoa or vericelli and serve with cold chicken or fish salad.
Recommended as a dipping sauce, glaze or marinade.